Sunday, January 23, 2011

Dreaming of Summer

It's the dark days of winter here in Minnesota. January is one of the bleakest months of the year, in my opinion. The excitement of the holidays are over, spring is still a distant hope in the future, and the weather turns bitter and cold. Yesterday it was -16F - with a wind chill that made it feel even colder. Yuck! I often ask myself why I still live here, but then spring rolls around and winter is just a distant memory. Tonight we made corn on the cob to remind ourselves of summer nights eating dinner on the deck. Oh how I long for those nights!

I find that corn on the cob is best prepared on the grill. If you're somewhere warm enough to grill, then this recipe is for you. It's simple, but yields the best tasting corn ever!

4 Ears of corn - shucked
4 Tbsp Dairy Free Butter
4 Sheets Aluminum Foil

1. Heat grill to medium high heat.
2. Place each ear of corn in the center of a sheet of aluminum foil.
3. Place Tbsp of Dairy Free Butter on top of corn.
4. Wrap up corn with aluminum foil and place on the grill (upper rack, if possible) and cook for 15 minutes (or until tender). Keep away from the flames or the corn will become charred.
5. Unwrap and serve with a juicy steak, flame broiled burger, or some Jerk Chicken

I can almost feel the warmth of the summer sun beating down on us as we sip some lemonade and enjoy a cool breeze. I'll keep telling myself only 7 more weeks until spring. If you're somewhere warm, soak up some rays for us and send some of that warmth our way here in MN, we need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment